It’s a bird… it’s a plane… it’s a flying rhinoceros?! Yes, indeed! The costumed hero Rhinomite flies above a bustling city while ducking and dodging blimps, streetlights and traffic signs with the help of prepositions! Fly “Beneath,” “Over,” “Under,” “Up” and “Down” while collecting floating “Rhino Coins” that add up by tens, in a dynamic flying game designed to empower learning in both language and math. Players of all ages will enjoy Rhinomite‘s swank headquarters where to use their own creativity, imagination and ability to categorize as they design their own super costumes.
In this non-violent superhero game, the fun of flying and sleuthing occurs amidst gleaming skyscrapers and is set to a spy-movie soundtrack and comic-book flare. Back at headquarters, players channel their inner comic creator as they customize Rhinomite with fun outfits and accessories that include everything from fairy wings to jet-packs. Here at Rhino H.Q., players can trade points for new equipment and perfect their super-style while learning subtraction equations.
- Tutorial mode – have fun practicing the swiping action needed to fly above busy traffic
- Locker room headquarters where Rhinomite tries on costumes and unlocks new choices of capes, hats, flying gizmos and fancy rhino horns
- Avoid trucks, blimps and traffic signs as you fly and aim for floating “rhino coins”
- Extra fancy costumes and gear can be unlocked by trading in collected “Rhino Coins” with the numerical value of 10 points each. Even if not unlocked for flight, enjoy trying on each costume combination, just for fun!
- Captivating spy-movie music that will make kids feel like they’re in their own sleuthing adventure.
- Classroom links to study of: prepositions, subtraction with tens, categorization by attribute, and the attitude of tenacity.
U.S. Common Core Standards:
- (K.L.1e) Language Arts standards, beginning at the kindergarten level, include the use of frequently occurring prepositions and continue to be important over the years of one’s language development.
- (1.NBT.6) Adding and subtracting in multiples of ten begins being introduced in U.S. Common Core Standards in mathematics beginning in 1st grade.
Rhinomite is free and is available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch at the iTunes App Store. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Rhinomite is now available for Android on tablets and select phones for $0.99 at the Google Play Store. Requires Android 2.0.1. or later.