LEFT RIGHT PUP: LEARN DIRECTIONS AND TURN-TAKING WITH A CANINE COMPANION!
Learn left and right directionality and other important skills while training a pointer puppy in the park or guiding a young surfer at the beach! Left Right Pup is designed to empower kids to tackle the difficult and often subjective moment of left and right from an early age. In fact, in a before and after scan dominance test of children ages 3-7 who played the app, 41% saw an immediate improvement in ability to discern left from right.
In the summer settings of a park and a beach, children are able to begin the process of learning left from right. They will love the fun and fanciful pop-up animations, from a swashbuckling pirate to a happy squirrel in the park to a fellow puppy companion who drives a fruit cart, bringing treats to pup and surfer, which they enjoy with a loud, delightful CHOMP! The backgrounds, designed to mimic childhood arts and craft projects with textures like terry cloth, denim and tempera paint, help enhance a child’s sensory experiences, while preparing them for school, where they may be asked to put their name in the upper right hand corner of their paper.
In addition to the fundamental lesson of left-right directionality, with Left Right Pup, the team at Mrs. Judd’s Games hope to lay the groundwork for building early social skills, including following directions, leadership, and taking turns.
Left Right Pup Features:
- Friendly 3-D Pup and Surfer model cooperative turn-taking
- Beautiful collage backgrounds of textural cork, vinyl, terry cloth, tempura and stitchery
- Patient pace gives young learners time to consider “left” or “right” response
- Players use quick reflexes for catching such items as flying frisbees, pop-up dragons, or regal princesses in our rethink of pretend “hide & seek”
- Characters model self encouragement and self affirmation
- Auditory, Visual, Symbolic, & Written clues are designed to empower young players
- Gentle music, chirping birds, and lulling waves enhance thoughtful environments
- Offers practice discriminating speech sounds from other auditory sounds
- Charming outdoor park and beach themes encourage childhood active play
- Whimsical puppy-powered fruit cart offers surprise and healthy treats
- A reset setting offers players a whole new start for their collections if desired
U.S. Common Core Standards:
- K.G.1. Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.
Left Right Pup is only available for the iPad and requires iOS 4.2 or later.